9.14.2007

Better Late Than Never: Labor Day Weekend

This will be a post short on words, heavy on photos. We've been a bit lazy with posting lately. Football season has started, which means Rich's news schedule is insane and U of M takes over Saturdays. This one is all up to me. I'm not feeling especially clever today, so I'm going to let the pictures tell the story of our annual Labor Day weekend trip to the Honeycutt compound. On we go...

Without Rich around on Friday, Honey stepped in for pool duty.

Saturday evening, we headed to The Driftwood for the great view and some pretty good food. The docks below the restaurant provided the backdrop for this shot of Danni, Zoe and I.

Here's another of Zoe and Honey on the restaurant deck.

Zoe was, once again, joined at the hip with her cousin, Danni. They decided to play hide-and-seek on the deck while waiting for our food.

Shhhh!

Caught!
Zoe reveled in always having someone to play with in Newaygo. Here she is reading Aunt Shane a book. She does this with her Daddy too! I bet you'd like to see a photo of that.

Labor Day weekend always includes a visit to my aunt's cottage on Sylvan Lake. Since Rich showed up (unexpectedly) at midnight on Saturday, he was able to make the trip with us. You can barely see him lounging in a chair by Buddy, my aunt's dog.

After a quick visit, we headed to Newaygo for the Logging Fest parade. Zoe sat on a blanket with my nieces and their friends. She really thought she was a big girl...until the parade started. Zoe said it was "too loud" shortly after this picture was taken and looked around for us, panicked.

On Monday, cousin Eric and Aunt Verd gave us a fly-by. This was taken from my parents backyard.
Here's the annual It's my birthday sometime in September, so we'll celebrate it on Labor Day birthday picture. From left to right, Papa, Aunt Shane, Uncle Bill and cousin Sam.

Cake is the best part.

From the moment Zoe's eyes popped open her first words were always, "Where's everybody?" That was followed by, "Let's whing" (swing). She usually got her way.

Tuesday, it was time to head home. While I packed and my mother waited for the delivery of her new dishwasher, Zoe spent some time at my sister's daycare. By the time I got there, she was not ready to leave.

Here she is in the puppet show, sans puppets.
Enjoying some snack in the highchairs.

Playing horseys with Carle, the daughter of my childhood friend. That's priceless to see.

A good time was had by all, I think. Especially our little girl.

Take care,
Zoe's mama

No comments: