8.16.2006

THAT'S USING YOUR NOGGIN'


Gotta love it when a good story falls in your lap!

Literally minutes before the phone rang, I was making my typical lunch-time Web site visits and thought to myself, "Hmmm... haven't updated the blog in a while. What can I put on there?"

When the phone rang, the first thing I heard was, "You'll never believe what your daughter just did." Typically, that's a precursor to a funny phone call... but, today, I was a little nervous. When I left this house this morning, Sonja was at the computer, trying to finish a couple important projects with tight deadlines (she's supposed to put in four hours from home on Wednesdays). Meanwhile, Zoe was sitting on the floor next to her chair, hollering at Mom because she wanted to play. It didn't look like the beginnings of a great day.

So, what did she do? Apparently, dumped an entire plate of gnocchi on top of her head. Good times!

Since Sonja was there, I'll let her email that accompanied the pictures tell the tale:

These pictures don't quite do the mess justice, but they do show how proud (see below) she was of herself. All the gnocchi fell off her head before I could grab the camera. I was ready to strangle her, but at the same time I wanted to laugh. I wasn't happy when she then threw the plate, but I knew it was coming.

She also put her hand in my hair while I was picking the gnocchi off the floor. I ended up sitting her in the tub and told her she was going to get a shower like daddy takes. I hosed her off. She thought that was pretty funny.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think what makes it funny is the "plate whipping" part of the story. If you know its coming, mom....move away from the child!!!

Cobbler Ct.

Anonymous said...

I think what makes it funny is the "plate whipping" part of the story. If you know its coming, mom....move away from the child!!!

Cobbler Ct.

Anonymous said...

She almost dropped a plate Monday like she does her cups during lunch. Luckily I caught her in time because I figured it wouldn't just bounce off the wood floor.

Anonymous said...

At first glance I thought Zoe had fallen into the Derek trap and endured her first stitches or came in contact with some sort of infectious disease that had spread to her forehead and cheeks. Very happy to see it was just a serious case of gnocchi expulsion.

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the first picture. " Oh my God, how deep is that gash and why wasn't Busia and Dziadz called about this terrible accident. " The second picture was quite a panic reliever. Couldn't help but laugh out loud. Boy, I sure do love that little girl. Isn't she something. : )

Anonymous said...

Apparently the Busias think alike. And yes, she is something.

A Busia in IL.

Anonymous said...

Zoe's great grandfather (the one and only big dziadzia) would have simply said :"You don't have to fix this for me anymore!" I guess Zoe took the non-verbal approach.

Crooked Lake Lane

Anonymous said...

I FEEL THAT ZOE IS NOW READY FOR THE CLUBBING SCENE WITH HER AUNT STEPHANIE, YOU KNOW, MISSY CHUGALUG. AFTER ALL ZOE HAS ALREADY VISITED THE GNOSHEE PIT AND SEEMS TO ENJOY IT WAY TOO MUCH METHINKS.

Anonymous said...

ELSTUPIDO CANNOT SPELL GNOCCHI PIT, EVIDENTLY