5.23.2006

AS IF THERE WAS ANY DOUBT...

We spent this past weekend with Rich's parents. They came to our neck of the woods so Rich and Rick could take in two days of college baseball/softball and The Noodle could get some quality time with her Busia and Dziadzia. They also stayed in a hotel so Zoe could take a dip in the pool (which she loved). Unfortunately, I was unprepared and forgot to take pictures so you'll have to take my word for it.

As usual, Busia and Dziadzia came bearing gifts. Among the boxes and bags was a picture of Rich as a one-year-old. I always knew Zoe resembled her father, but I still regularly searched her adorable little face and fooled myself into thinking there was a little of me in the mix. After seeing this picture, I resolve to stop searching. Here's photographic evidence that Zoe is a little duplicate of her daddy!



Except for the noggin shape, don't they look like twins? They're even sitting the same. Go ahead, break it down feature-by-feature. It's remarkable!

Of course, I'm a little jealous. What parent doesn't want random strangers commenting on how their little one resembles them (right after they say how cute they are). But, I'll get over it. Anyway, I think I can claim responsibility for the shape of her head (though I'm not 100% sure of that). But what parent gloats, "she has MY head-shape!" SIGH... I guess I'll have to pass on other things - like my impeccable musical taste (don't say it, Rich!).

Until next time.

Much love,
Zoe's mama

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Rezler family that forgets the camera or the video recorder...?? Those cameras better be at the Dells this summer...

Anonymous said...

Sonja, the likeness is amazing, but also do you remember when she was just born and we were comparing her to your infant pictures. You and Zoe could have passed for twins. Babies change (and are changed) so much. I'm betting by the time Zoe's three, she will look a lot more like her mama. Wait till she gets that beautiful long dark hair.
Zoe's Busia

Emily and Zachary's mom said...

I think all mother's should be able to say their children look like them... for the sole fact that they have to give birth; it's a nice perk I think. But Zoe's Busia is right... she'll morph before your very eyes and you'll continue to see different people in her little face... especially at different expressions and emotions. So keep searching... you'll see momma's face in there!

Anonymous said...

People always say that Katie looks like Mark - probably because of the hair and eye color. But I can tell you from experience that even though Zoe may not look like you, it doesn't end there. Katie is a "mini-me" - her personality is exactly like mine. Not sure if that's good or not (at least in my case), but you can at least hold out hope that Zoe will be like you in some way, shape or form. :)
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Check out the socks pulled up on that dude...if you had any "hops" you could play in the NBA these days.

Cobbler

Anonymous said...

Hey Cobbler,
You making fun of the way I dressed my kid?

Zoe's Busia

Anonymous said...

Yup!!

Cobbler...Happy Memorial Day

John said...

Oh man, you beat me to the punch on those socks. Dig the sanitaries! You're like a white Michael Cooper with those socks pulled up to the knees. I say you rock that look at least ONCE in public this summer.